Developing good blog content writing is important element of any effective content marketing strategy.
Unfortunately, it isn’t as easy as sitting down and writing about what you think your target audience might enjoy. There are a number of steps you should take before you even publish your first blog post that will help you find better success.
The following are a few tips to help you develop a better strategy for your blog writing:
- Set specific goals: What exactly is it you wish to accomplish? Are you trying to get more people to come to your website or blog? Are you looking to have better online sales conversions? The specific goals you have will have a direct impact on the strategies you implement with your blog writing and the type of content you create.
- Know your audience: Any type of online marketing requires you to be very familiar with your target audience. If you are going to give them content, you need to make sure it actually appeals to them. You should be able to describe your target customer just as you would any other person—age, gender, interests, income level and online habits. Based on all this information, you should be able to get a better idea of what types of blog content will resonate with them.
- Know your brand: What is it that separates your brand from your competitors? How are you unique? You need to be able to provide something to your customers that no one else can, and that should be central to all of your marketing, including the strategies you use in developing your blog content.
- Have an editorial calendar: This tool will help you to plot out a full calendar showing what blog content you will publish to your audience, when it’ll go live and how you plan to do it. Timing is important in the blogosphere — the content needs to be relevant and needs to be published on days and times at which people are most likely to see it.
- Establish a sales funnel: If the purpose of your blog writing is to create more conversions, then you need to figure out how you can use it to funnel customers toward purchases. For example, a blog post could contain a call to action to sign up for a newsletter, which includes special deals for customers and making them more likely to make purchases.
Planning out your blog content writing strategy before you begin writing will help you reach greater levels of success. And if you need assistance with your content, consider working with a firm that provides professional copywriting services.